How Dentures Can Restore Your Smile
posted: Mar. 30, 2022.
If you are considering a denture, you might be wondering about the different options to choose from. What will work best for you? Which one should you choose? These are all great questions that Dr. Dave Verma and Dr. Arpana Verma at Frederick Dental Group in Frederick, MD, want to help you with.
You might need a new denture if you have missing or damaged teeth, or if you’ve worn a denture for a long time. Modern denture materials can provide a denture that looks natural and helps you enjoy the foods you love. The right new denture can restore your self-esteem and confidence too.
A full denture is a great choice if you want to replace an entire upper or lower arch of teeth. If you need a full denture, you can choose from:
- An immediate denture, which is delivered immediately after your teeth are removed; this type of denture has the advantage of you leaving the office with a full set of teeth. After the area has healed completely, a second permanent denture will be made.
- A conventional denture, which is created and placed over healed tissue after 6 to 8 weeks; conventional dentures are great because you only have to become accustomed to one denture.
- An overdenture, which uses dental implants or retained root tips to provide support and conserve the bone in your jaws; the overdenture is simply snapped in place over the implants or root tips.
A partial denture is the choice to make if you only want to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch. If you need a partial denture, you can choose from:
- A transitional partial denture, a great choice if you want to move on to dental implants and don’t want to live without teeth; transitional partial dentures are a temporary choice and are often less expensive.
- A removable partial denture, the perfect choice if you don’t want implants later; removable partial dentures are made of strong, sturdy materials that will last.
You deserve a denture that enhances your appearance and your life. For more information about tooth replacement options call Dr. Dave Verma and Dr. Arpana Verma at Frederick Dental Group in Frederick, MD, today! To reach our office, call 301-624-1001.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.